Forbes* recently published some saddening statistics.
- More than 30% believe they’ll be working someplace else inside of 12 months.
- More than 40% don’t respect the person they report to.
- More than 50% say they have different values than their employer.
- More than 60% don’t feel their career goals are aligned with the plans their employers have for them.
- More than 70% don’t feel appreciated or valued by their employer.
This is exactly why talent acquisition and retention needs to be a critical and continuous process, not a stack of dusty brochures in the HR office.